LED(Band)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Band's Website

Latest topics

» полезные советы психоустановка на похудение
Favorite Musicians Empty3/8/2011, 11:19 am by Guest

» fatty acids fish oil
Favorite Musicians Empty3/8/2011, 5:19 am by Guest

» Tiller Murder Increases Tension Over 'Common Ground' Approach To Abortion-Rights Debate
Favorite Musicians Empty3/8/2011, 1:01 am by Guest

» посещение гинеколога
Favorite Musicians Empty1/8/2011, 5:22 pm by Guest

» Triple A Drug Prescription Card
Favorite Musicians Empty1/8/2011, 12:56 pm by Guest

» link popularity backlinks services
Favorite Musicians Empty31/7/2011, 4:29 pm by Guest

» facebook likes xn
Favorite Musicians Empty31/7/2011, 3:16 am by Guest

» buy facebook fan f9
Favorite Musicians Empty30/7/2011, 7:44 pm by Guest

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001
Favorite Musicians Empty30/7/2011, 7:31 pm by Guest

Navigation

BLINK 182 IS BACK

8/2/2009, 11:10 pm by LEDbetter

blink-182 Summer 2009

Hi. We're blink-182. This past week there’ve been a lot of questions about the current status of the band, and we wanted you to hear it straight from us. To put it simply, We're back. We mean, really back. Picking up where we left off and then some. In the studio writing and recording a new album. Preparing to tour the world yet again. Friendships reformed. 17 years …

[ Full reading ]
The 51st Grammys

6/2/2009, 6:18 pm by LEDbetter

This year's nominees are:
Rock
(sorry the post is pretty hard to read)

Category 15

Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance
(For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Gravity
John Mayer
Track from: Where The Light Is — Live In Los Angeles
[Columbia]

* I Saw Her Standing There
Paul McCartney
Track from: Amoeba's Secret
[Hear Music/MPL Communications Ltd.]

[ Full reading ]
blink reunion?

6/2/2009, 12:03 am by LEDbetter

Blink-182 Reunion!
BLINK 182
as Grammy presenters!

Favorite Musicians Xgheg110

Long-suffering Blink-182 fans, your prayers have been answered. Or, at least, taken a step toward being answered. On Thursday (February 5), the Recording Academy announced that Blink-182 will reunite at Sunday's 51st Annual Grammy Awards ... as presenters.
It will mark the first …

[ Full reading ]
Favorite Band

3/2/2009, 9:41 pm by LEDbetter

Put your favorite band if you feel like it.
also put why or just some background information on them.

Favorite Musicians

5/2/2009, 9:10 pm by LEDbetter

Keith Moon
--------------------------------------
Keith John Moon (23 August 1946 – 7 September 1978) was the drummer of the rock group The Who. He gained notoriety for exuberant drumming and his destructive lifestyle. Moon joined The Who in 1964, replacing Doug Sandom. He played on all albums from their debut, 1965's My Generation, to 1978's Who Are You, which was released two weeks before …

[ Full reading ]
Music Videos

3/2/2009, 9:56 pm by FarCry

Post or describe your favorite music videos here
Example:

All the Small Things - Blink 182

3 posters

Favorite Musicians

LEDbetter
    LEDbetter
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Number of posts : 118
    Favorite Musicians Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Favorite Musicians Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Musicians Empty Favorite Musicians

Post by LEDbetter 5/2/2009, 9:10 pm

Keith Moon
    --------------------------------------
    Keith John Moon (23 August 1946 – 7 September 1978) was the drummer of the rock group The Who. He gained notoriety for exuberant drumming and his destructive lifestyle. Moon joined The Who in 1964, replacing Doug Sandom. He played on all albums from their debut, 1965's My Generation, to 1978's Who Are You, which was released two weeks before his death.
    Favorite Musicians 256px-11

Moon was known for innovative, dramatic drumming, often eschewing basic back beats for a fluid, busy technique focused on fast, cascading rolls across the toms and cymbal crashes.

At 17, Moon joined The Who (in April 1964), a replacement for Doug Sandom. Without a drummer the remaining members hired a session drummer to fulfill shows they had agreed to play. Moon attended one of these shows. Pete Townshend described him as looking like a "ginger man" with his hair dyed ginger and wearing ginger-coloured clothes. As stated in Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who, Moon looked up to Roger Daltrey during the show and said
    "I hear you're looking for a drummer. Well, I'm much better than the one you've got."
    The band knew they needed Moon after seeing him practically smash the drum kit to pieces.

Early in The Who's career, live sets culminated in "auto destruction", members destroying their equipment in elaborate fashion, an act that was imitated by other bands and artists including Jimi Hendrix in his breakout performance at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival. Moon showed a zeal for this, kicking and smashing his drums. For a performance on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour television show, he loaded explosives into one of his kit's two bass drums. During the finale of "My Generation," he kicked the other drum off the riser and then set off the charge, singeing Townsend's hair and embedding a piece of cymbal in his arm (the blast has been speculated as starting Townshend's tinnitus). Another time, he filled clear acrylic drums with water and goldfish, playing them for a television appearance. When an audience member asked "What happens with your goldfish?" he replied with a grin, "Well I mean, you know...even the best drummers get hungry." Antics like these earned him the nicknames "Moon the Loon", and "Mad Moon".

His determination to add his voice to Who songs led other members to banish him from the studio when vocals were recorded. This led to a game, Moon sneaking in to join the singing. At the end of "Happy Jack," Townshend can be heard shouting "I saw you!" It is said that he noticed Moon trying to join in Moon can be heard singing on several tracks.

Daltrey said Moon's drumming style held the band together; that Entwistle and Townshend "were like needles... and Keith was the wool."

Moon led a very destructive lifestyle. He laid waste to hotel rooms, the homes of friends, and even his own home, throwing furniture out of high windows. Along with his drum sets, Moon's signature prank was to flush powerful fireworks (usually Cherry bombs, Roman candles, M-80s and in some extreme cases, even dynamite) down the toilet, detonating and ultimately destroying scores of toilets in this manner for his personal amusement. It has been estimated that his destruction of toilets and plumbing ran as high as US$500,000, and his repeated practice of blowing up toilets with explosives led him to be banned from lodging at several hotel chains around the world for life, including all Holiday Inn, Sheraton, and Hilton hotels.

Moon died of an overdose of Clomethiazole (Heminevrin). The medication was a sedative he had been prescribed to alleviate his alcohol withdrawal symptoms as he tried to go dry on his own at home; he was desperate to get clean, but was terrified of another stay in the psychiatric hospital for in-patient detoxification. However, Clomethiazole is specifically contraindicated for unsupervised home detox due to its addictiveness, tendency to rapidly induce drug tolerance, and dangerously high risk of death when mixed with alcohol. The pills were also prescribed by a new doctor, Dr. Geoffrey Dymond, who was unaware of Moon's recklessly impulsive nature and long history of prescription sedative abuse. He had given Moon a full bottle of 100 pills, and instructed him to take one whenever he felt a craving for alcohol (but not more than 3 per day). The police determined there were 32 pills in his system, with the digestion of 6 being sufficient to cause his death, and the other 26 of which were still undissolved when he died

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sorry about the crappy alignment
    someone needs to make a tutorial
    *nudge nudge wink wink*

Last edited by LEDbetter on 5/2/2009, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The Damn Picture)
    Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Number of posts : 147
    Favorite Musicians Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Favorite Musicians Right_bar_bleue

Favorite Musicians Empty Re: Favorite Musicians

Post by Abaddon 5/2/2009, 11:28 pm

Keith Moon seems like a total hardass o.o I would have hated to mess with him.

I think one of my favorite musicians was Eino Toppinen. He is a cellist for the band Apocolyptica, and if you listen to them, and then take into account that everything they play is on a cello, I think you'd be pretty shocked as well. They do a lot of cover songs.
    LEDbetter
    LEDbetter
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Favorite Musicians Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Favorite Musicians Right_bar_bleue

Post by LEDbetter 5/2/2009, 11:29 pm

Keith Moon really defines a true rock and roll badass, not only that but he was fucking nuts, in a good way. There's alot more about him on wikipedia if you're interested.
    Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Favorite Musicians Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Favorite Musicians Right_bar_bleue

Post by Abaddon 5/2/2009, 11:37 pm

Definitely going to look him up. If I had to do a report on someone in the music industry, it'd probably be hi Razz
    LEDbetter
    LEDbetter
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by LEDbetter 5/2/2009, 11:38 pm

I would be an interesting report guaranteed
    Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by Abaddon 5/2/2009, 11:43 pm

Fer shiz. Write about how many hotels he got kicked out of, or how many toilets he blew up.
    FarCry
    FarCry
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 162
    Favorite Musicians Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Favorite Musicians Right_bar_bleue

Post by FarCry 6/2/2009, 12:00 am

My Favorite musicians

Thomas Matthew "Tom" DeLonge, Jr. (born December 13, 1975) is an American musician, most famous for being a founding member of, and guitarist/vocalist in, blink-182. While still a member of blink-182, he collaborated with former member Travis Barker in the side project Box Car Racer in 2002, releasing one self-titled album. Since leaving blink-182, he formed the group Angels & Airwaves with former members of Hazen Street, The Distillers, and Rocket from the Crypt.
    Favorite Musicians Tom_DeLonge_2004

When DeLonge attended Rancho Bernardo High School, he was introduced to Mark Hoppus through Hoppus' sister, Anne. In 1992, they met Scott Raynor and decided to form a band together that would become blink-182. Raynor was replaced with Travis Barker in 1998 amidst many rumours of Raynor's possible alcoholism and drug addictions[citation needed], just as blink-182 released Enema of the State, which was met with a huge amount of mainstream success, spawning three hit singles. Follow-up Take Off Your Pants and Jacket went straight to No.1 on the Billboard 200. After DeLonge and Barker participated in the band Box Car Racer, a side project created by DeLonge with his high-school friend David Kennedy in 2002. In 2003 blink-182 released their final eponymous album. DeLonge then decided to leave the band, allegedly due to mounting tensions and communication difficulties, creating a rift between him and the other members of the band. blink-182 announced an 'indefinite hiatus' in February 2005.
    While there is no set plan for blink-182 to reunite, the band's management commonly responds to questions about the possibility by saying "no one knows what tomorrow may bring".[3] Barker stated in an interview "I guess we are seeing the real Tom", questioning DeLonge's attitude towards his former band, and his new project. Not long after the breakup, DeLonge said that he would like to eventually reunite blink-182, but not until he continues his career in Angels & Airwaves for a while, because otherwise "it would be a waste of time". In a later interview, however, DeLonge confirmed that "blink-182 was dead" and "...people ask me if I'm ever going back to blink, there's just no possible way".[4]
    On November 18, 2008 Mark Hoppus posted on his website about him and Travis recently speaking with Tom, saying:
    “ In the midst of everything else that has happened lately, Tom, Travis, and I have all spoken together. First through a number of phone calls, and then a couple of weeks ago we all hung out for a few hours. They’ve all been great, very positive conversations. We’re just reconnecting as friends after four years of not talking. It’s a good thing. Obviously the first question for a lot of people will be “does this mean a blink-182 reunion?” The answer is none of us know. We haven’t talked about it at all. Right now it’s just good for the three of us to see one another, reconnect, and let the past be the past. The events of the past two months supersede everything that happened before. Life is too short. "
    On February 5, 2009, MTV.com announced that Blink-182 will reunite at the 51st Grammy Awards , which will be the first time the trio has met on stage since 2005. However, it is not yet clear if they are going to perform or simply present the awards.

DeLonge is the lead vocalist and one of two guitarists in the band Angels & Airwaves. He formed the band with high-school friend and former Hazen Street and Box Car Racer bandmate David Kennedy on guitar, as well as former Rocket from the Crypt drummer Atom Willard and former The Distillers bassist Ryan Sinn. They released their debut album We Don't Need to Whisper on 20 May 2006. During the recording of their second album, I-Empire (November 6, 2007), Ryan Sinn left the band due to personal reasons and was replaced by former 30 Seconds to Mars bassist Matt Wachter. Tom DeLonge still covers blink-182 songs, such as "Down", "I Miss You", "Not Now", and "Reckless Abandon" with Angels & Airwaves, along with Box Car Racer songs "There Is" and "My First Punk Song". In 2008, Angels and Airwaves were a part of the Vans Warped Tour. The band returned to the studio in January to begin recording their third album.
    Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by Abaddon 6/2/2009, 12:02 am

*tear* Blink will be missed. He is an excellent guitarist though.
    LEDbetter
    LEDbetter
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by LEDbetter 6/2/2009, 12:24 am

didn't post it like on purpose to answer your question.
    Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by Abaddon 6/2/2009, 12:26 am

Okay Razz That was bothering me. I was like 'That sucks D: What a jerk. He decided to give me this long explanation to a question....'
    LEDbetter
    LEDbetter
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by LEDbetter 6/2/2009, 12:28 am

I was trying to get all three things up fast but the pictures took time.
    Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by Abaddon 6/2/2009, 12:29 am

WEll that works Very Happy You did good with getting this up.
    LEDbetter
    LEDbetter
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by LEDbetter 6/2/2009, 12:35 am

Lars Ulrich
    -------------------------------
    Lars Ulrich (born December 26, 1963) is a Danish drummer best known as the co-founder of the American heavy metal band Metallica. He was born in Gentofte, Denmark to an upper-middle class family. A tennis prodigy in his youth, Ulrich moved to Los Angeles, California at age sixteen to pursue his training, but instead of playing tennis, he ended up as a drummer. After publishing an advertisement in a local Los Angeles newspaper called The Recycler, he met James Hetfield and formed Metallica.

Biography Favorite Musicians 220px-10

Lars' father, Torben Ulrich, who was an acclaimed tennis pro from the late 1970s into the early 1980s, was also a musician, playing jazz with giants such as Stan Getz and Miles Davis; legendary saxophonist Dexter Gordon was Ulrich's godfather. In February 1973, Torben Ulrich obtained five passes for five of his friends to a Deep Purple concert that was being held in the same Copenhagen stadium as one of his tournaments. When it was discovered that one of the friends could not go, their ticket was handed over to the nine year-old Lars. The young Ulrich found himself mesmerized by the performance, buying the band's Fireball album the very next day. The concert and the album had a considerable impact on Ulrich, inspiring his entrance into the world of rock and roll and later on, heavy metal. As a result of his newfound interest in music, he received his first drum kit from his grandmother at the age of thirteen, a Ludwig. Lars' original goal and reason for moving to America was to play tennis, but the plan was later changed when he formed Metallica.

Later on in life, in 1981, Lars discovered a British heavy metal band called Diamond Head. He was so excited about their style of music after getting hold of their 1980 debut Lightning to the Nations that he traveled all the way from San Francisco to London in order to see the band perform live at the Woolwich Odeon. However, the young Lars had not planned the trip out particularly well and was left without anywhere to stay after the gig. However, he managed to meet the band backstage and explain the lengths he had taken to see them. The band warmed to him and lead guitarist Brian Tatler let him stay with him in Birmingham,[1] where Lars spent the next few weeks touring with the band. Lars still remains a big fan of the band and even helped mix their Best Of album.
    Lars takes a break during a show in London, 15 September 2008.

In the same year Lars met James Hetfield in Downey, California and formed the thrash metal band Metallica. He got the name "Metallica" from a friend who was thinking up names for a heavy metal magazine he was starting up, and Metallica was one of the options. Lars encouraged him to pick a different name, and kept the name Metallica for himself. He became known as a pioneer of fast thrash drum beats, featured on many of Metallica's early songs, such as "Metal Militia" from Kill 'Em All, "Fight Fire With Fire" from Ride the Lightning, "Dyers Eve" from ...And Justice for All, and "Battery" from Master of Puppets. He has since been considerably influential due to both the popularity of his band, as well as his various drum techniques, such as the double bass in the song "One" (...And Justice for All) and the opening of "Enter Sandman" (Metallica / "The Black Album").

Napster controversy

In April 2000, Ulrich became a vocal opponent of Napster and file sharing as Metallica sued the company for copyright infringement and racketeering. In July 2000, he testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee after Metallica's entire catalogue was found to be freely available for download on the service. The case was settled out-of-court, resulting in more than 300,000 Napster users being banned from the service. Due to his high profile role in Napster's legal troubles and subsequent demise, Ulrich faced significant criticism and ridicule from users of the service Since the Napster ordeal, Ulrich was quoted by LAUNCHcast as having some regrets:
    “ I wish that I was more...you know, I felt kind of ambushed by the whole thing because I didn't really know enough about what we were getting ourselves into when we jumped. [...] We didn't know enough about the kind of grassroots thing, and what had been going on the last couple of months in the country as this whole new phenomenon was going on. We were just so stuck in our controlling ways of wanting to control everything that had to do with METALLICA. So we were caught off guard and we had a little bit of a rougher landing on that one than on other times than when we just blindly leap. But you know, I'm still proud of the fact that we did leap... and I took a lot of hits and it was difficult. ”

One such 'hit' was being featured in an episode of South Park in which the children are taught not to download illegally because multi-millionaires like Ulrich now have to wait a little longer to buy expensive, extravagant things, like the ridiculous "gold-plated shark tank bar beside the pool". The segment is a parody of the Napster case. Ulrich has been target to many verbal attacks after this incident including a reference in Weird Al Yankovic's song "Don't Download This Song".

Personal life

Ulrich has been married twice. His first marriage was in 1988 to Debbie Jones, a British woman whom he had met on tour, but they were divorced already in 1990, because of Ulrich's constant absence due to touring and then recording The Black Album.

His second marriage was to Skylar Satenstein, an emergency medicine physician, whom he was married to from 1997 up until 2004. They had two sons, Myles (b. August 5, 1998) and Layne (b. May 6, 2001). Satenstein was the inspiration for "Skylar", the love interest for Will Hunting (Matt Damon) in the movie Good Will Hunting, as Satenstein and Damon dated when they were both in college. Ulrich and Satenstein officially divorced in March 2004.

Ulrich has been dating Danish actress Connie Nielsen since late 2003, early 2004 and the couple had their first child, Bryce Thadeus Ulrich-Nielsen, born in San Francisco on May 21, 2007.[5] Nielsen also has another son named Sebastian (b. 1990).

Ulrich is also a noted collector of art. His father, who owned a jazz club, was also very fond of art and paintings, so Ulrich grew up surrounded by art and music, and both have always been a part of his life. After founding Metallica, he started to visit museums and art galleries during the band's long periods on the road.

Favorite Musicians Death_10

In an interview from 2002 Ulrich said: "I felt I could lose myself in art and get away from the music world. It became this great hiding place." In 2008, in an interview with Stereo Warning, he said: "We had art all over the house when I was growing up. It's been a passion of mine for 20-25 years. It's one area where I can go and be myself. It's not about being in Metallica or being the drummer in a rock band. I'm accepted for who I am in the art circles. I love going into artist spaces and galleries and auction houses. It's great because it has absolutely nothing to do with Metallica. It's my place of sanctuary."

Ulrich is an endorser of Tama Drums, Zildjian Cymbals and Remo Drumheads. He is rarely, if ever, seen without these brands onstage. He has, however, been known to use a mixture of brands when recording in the studio, including Ludwig Drums, Gretsch Drums and Sabian Cymbals. Ulrich was an endorsee of Calato Regal Tip drumsticks, but changed to Easton Ahead in 1994. Tama Drums has produced two Lars Ulrich Signature Snare drums, one with a steel shell (with diamond plate-like finish) and another made out of bell brass which currently is Tama's most expensive snare drum on the regular catalogue. Both snare drums measure 14x6.5".
    Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by Abaddon 6/2/2009, 12:37 am

He is an amazing player. I had no idea he played tennis though Surprised
    LEDbetter
    LEDbetter
    Dedicated User
    Dedicated User

Post by LEDbetter 6/2/2009, 12:39 am

Look at that expression on the top pic. This guy plays the shit out of his drums every time. Truly a great drummer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content